What is the most convenient way to lose weight and stay healthy? Yes, that’s right – nutrition bars! One of the key factors for weight loss is reducing your calorie intake so that you don’t eat more than what you need. However, this is not an easy task if you often feel hungry in the time between your meals. Frequent snacking, after all, is one of the biggest factors that contribute to obesity. Instead of torturing yourself by not eating anything, why not substitute your snacks with low-calorie healthy nutrition bars? Below, we have two nutrition bars that people love: Zone Perfect vs Larabar. Which one is the best nutrition bar for weight loss?
Ingredients and Nutrition
Each Zone Perfect nutrition bar provides a total of 210 calories. It has 7 grams of total fat, 23 grams of total carbs, 15 grams of sugar, 3 grams of fiber, and 14 grams of protein. It is also enriched with various vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, B6, C, E, calcium, magnesium, and iron to curb your cravings. The sodium level is quite high at 200 mg.
However, note that Zone Perfect contains soy and milk. In fact, soy is the very first ingredient listed on the label, so the content is quite high. It also contains corn and gluten.
On the other hand, each Larabar nutrition bar provides a total of 220 calories, with 11 grams of total fat, 26 grams of total carbs, 19 grams of sugar, 3 grams of fiber, and 6 grams of protein. The sodium level is quite significantly lower at just 60 mg. Larabar contains lower levels of vitamins, though it does contain niacin. It also has some minerals of calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Larabar may contain milk from the chocolate chips, even though it does not use milk directly. The ingredients are quite simpler, featuring dates, peanuts, chocolate chips, and sea salt. As you can see, this nutrition bar is soy-free and gluten-free.
Both Zone Perfect vs Larabar nutrition bars are available in various flavors. Zone Perfect has 14 flavor choices, including chocolate almond, chocolate mint, cinnamon, fudge graham, oatmeal, salted caramel, and strawberry yogurt.
Larabar is available in more flavor choices, with a total of 26 options. There are interesting flavors such as apple pie, banana bread, blueberry muffin, and even carrot cake. There are also cappuccino, cherry pie, chocolate chip, coconut, lemon, and mint flavors.
In general, Zone Perfect has better texture and taste. The bar is nice to chew, and the taste is great on the tongue. However, Larabar is not too bad. Some people don’t like the mix between the hard chunks and soft bar. But, some others actually like the texture. The taste is good.
- PROTEIN: ZonePerfect Fudge Graham Nutrition Energy bars are packed with 14 grams of protein to keep you going through your day
- VITAMINS: A good source of 19 vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants (Vitamins C, E and Selenium) to help support your immune system
- FLAVOR: Tastes like crunchy graham cracker, decadently melted fudge and yummy marshmallow goodness
- INGREDIENTS: Our snack bars do not contain any artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols
- WHOLESOME FOOD: Tasty snack bars made with Fair Trade Certified chocolate chips
- REAL FLAVORS: 4-ingredient bars made from a simple blend of dates, peanuts, chocolate chips, and sea salt
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Gluten-free, non-GMO, dairy-free
- CONVENIENCE: Wholesome snacks for a busy, on-the go breakfast and perfect for your active lifestyle
In the end, we recommend you to choose Larabar. It has significantly less sodium. The ingredients are also good. It is soy-free and gluten-free. In addition, it is also available in more flavor choices, with interesting choices such as apple pie, banana bread, blueberry muffin, and carrot cake.