Detox tea are herbal teas that are used to detoxify the body. Detox teas are commonly used for liver detox, weight loss, laxative effects, or detox after overindulgence in heavy foods, alcohol, or even drugs. In general, these teas aim to clean out your body from toxins and potentially harmful substances. Most detox tea blends are based on traditional Chinese medicine, Ayuverda and other forms of herbalism, but others could contain toxic or allergy-triggering substances, including drugs and medication. There is a range of detox tea that is available on the market. In this article we are going to see two brands which are Teami and Fit Tea.
Teami offers a line of loose leaf tea blends to support health in several ways. They sell tea blends for weight loss, colon cleansing, focus and energy. In addition to tea blends, they also sells skin care products made with green tea, infused oils and attractive tumblers to drink you Teami tea from. There is also a line of products made with matcha called Machami.
For each product Teami has different claims for it, let us see the following claims:
• Teami Detox 30 Days pack will make you feel better from inside out, help your body burn calories more efficiently and get rid of toxins your body is holding on to.
• Teami Bloom will improve digestion
• Teami Skinny supposed to boost metabolism, help with weight loss, increase energy, stop cravings, and have no laxative effect.
• Teami’s Matchami products will help lose weight faster, detoxify the body, increase metabolism and support the immune system.
There is no scientific evidence that the ingredients used in Teami products are effective. Teami uses all-natural ingredients to create their tea blends. There are some specific Teami ingredients and it can help show the effectiveness of the product, let see:
• Rhubarb Root: This has been used in Chinese medicine to treat constipation because it has a laxative effect. Teami’s Detox 30 Days Pack has this ingredients inside which can make it effective removing waste from body since it will make you poop. Rhubarb Root is also one of the ingredients in Teami Skinny; this is a bit off since it claims to not have a laxative effect.
• Senna Leaf & Root: This ingredient has a strong laxative effect, so strong that it has guideline for dosage that it should be used in the smallest amount to achieve the desired result. The laxative effect usually works when people’s first bowel movement on the next day after taking it before going to bed.
• Yerba Mate: Teami Energy contains this ingredient which supposed to make you feel energized. Yerba mate contains caffeine, so it is a stimulant.
• Oolong Tea: Oolong is a traditional drink in China. It comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. It is an ingredient in Teami Skinny since people use it for weight loss, because oolong tea has several purposes. Currently there is insufficient scientific evidence of oolong tea supporting the effectiveness to help shed some weight.
• Chamomile: Chamomile may be effective for helping people sleep. This ingredient is available in Teami Relax.
Teami claims a lot of benefits, including better sleep, weight loss, more energy, and removes dangerous toxins. Teami Skinny may help drop a few kilos at least temporarily because some of the ingredients act as laxatives. This can result is losing water weight not fat and losing some muscle may happen.
Some of the teas come in a tea bag such as Teami Alive, which you will need to place in a cup of near boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. For loose-leaf tea like Teami Skinny, place one teaspoon of tea leaves in water that is close to boiling point then let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Teami recommend using a tea infuser or strainer to make it though they say you don’t have to use it. Teami also said that the leaves can be consumed if wanted. See also: Skinnymint Vs Fit Tea.
The Teami website does not mention any side effects for their products, but people will react to the ingredients differently. Rhubarb root has the side effects of stomach and intestinal pain, diarrhea and uterine contractions. Using the senna over a long term or in high doses can affect the liver.
Also side effects of caffeine may happen like nervousness, upset stomach, fast hearbeat and headaches. Checking with the doctor if you have a medical condition is necessary even though Teami says that their products are safe. Like any other detox programs this can only be consumed by adults.
Fit Tea Detox is a natural tea blend containing antioxidants and vitamins. The company formulates this to help improve energy levels and enhance results of your weight management program through ‘teatox’. The company claims it will help burn fat, increase metabolism and boost the immune system.
The tea is a proprietary blend so there is no exact recipe, but the label lists several ingredients including: rooibos, green tea, ginger, oolong, pomegranate, guarana, garcinia cambogia extract, citric acid, sea salt, lemon, honey, and matcha green tea.
One fit Tea Detox bag contains zero calories per serving. Fit Tea is full of vitamins and antioxidants from a variety of allegedly natural sources. There is also an unspecified amount of caffeine and it is non-dairy, soy and gluten-free.
Fit Tea is legit, it provides a powerful yet gentle cleanse for whole-body detoxification. It can be beneficial toward the weight loss goals if it is consume along with a good diet and exercise. Consumers have report experiencing better energy and focus, they sat that tea enhances mood and concentration. Out of 41 users, 75.6% said that they lost weight while drinking Fit Tea Detox.
Side effects of Fit Tea include insomnia, headaches, thirst, dizziness, fatigue, dry mouth, restlessness, racing heart, muscle spasms and upset stomach. The company is confident to offer a 110% money-back guarantee for anyone who’s dissatisfied with Fit Tea Detox. The official website says that you can return the remaining par within 30 days of purchasing and they will return 100% of the price plus 10%.
Teami vs Fit Tea
- RELEASE TOXINS, ELIMINATE BLOATING: Teami Colon detox tea works to restore digestion and suppress your appetite by flushing out built up toxins in the colon that slow digestion and trigger you to overeat.
- RENEW YOUR ENERGY: Join our more than 500,000 strong CommuniTea that drinks our toxin fighting blend and boost your energy and metabolism to help you achieve your fitness goals.
- STRENGTHEN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM: Teami Colon will help your immune system function more effectively, relieving symptoms like acne and inflammation, resulting in a more beautiful and healthy you.
- Blend Of All Natural Ingredients
- Promotes Fat Burning & Weight Loss
- Improves Your Immune System
Weight loss by using detox products is seldom permanent, most people gain it back. Detox drinks can even be dangerous as they can throw off your electrolyte balance. The best way is still do healthy eating and the right supplement if you wish to lose weight. Detox tea can be beneficial as part of a healthy lifestyle. Seeing what both products has to offer it is safe to say that Fit Tea is a more promising products because there is result in people losing weight using the product.