Many of us do not get the vitamins and minerals we need on a regular basis. We do not eat enough fruits and vegetables and do not get the supplements or antioxidants we should have on a diet. Then not accompanied also with health food that the body needs. There are many factors that trigger the lack of nutrients or supplements the body needs. Environmental factors such as pollution, preservatives, lack of soil nutrients and too much fertilizer that result in decreased nutrients. Lifestyle factors such as stress, alcohol abuse and excessive tobacco products. 56 percent of adults use vitamins and supplements in daily needs to ensure that we get the needed nutrients. But be careful of supplements and medicinal foods can not replace vitamins and minerals found in foods. It’s just that you should as much as possible choose a safe supplement such as Glucomannan vs Psyllium.
Product Description Glucomannan
Glucomannan is a substance that is extracted from the root of the konjac or native plants from Asia that are rich in soluble fiber that pulls the water and turns into a gel during the digestive process, supporters claim that Glucomannan suppress appetite and promote a sense of satiety. Other fiber supplements Glucomannan is notable for its role in weight reduction. A 2005 study published in the “Medical Science Monitor” tested with glucomannan fiber supplement along with two at 167 male and female obesity, which declared healthy. These studies conclude that glucomannan reduces weight, while the other fiber supplements cannot.
Benefits of Glucomannan
Here there are 5 major benefits for health as we choose to consume Glucomannan:
· Lose Weight
Health benefits of glucomannan fiber from flour is on porang or glucomanan has very low calories and high in fiber such as vegetables. So the food can be used as an alternative to diet weight loss.
· Being a natural Probiotic
Like all probiotic, glucomannan in human body passes through the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract and the human body can not digest and break it down. But once probiotic reaches the large intestine, where they are fermented by the Gut microflora, they create a probiotic.
· Become A Constipation Relief
When consumed, food containing glucomannan flour will work as probiotic in our digestive system, so it is very helpful to the movement of the intestines. Glucomannan is also useful as a natural laxative, which means the doze is able to push stools larger in order to more easily pass through the large intestine. So that it can push the stool with only requires a bit of effort to remove it.
· Lowering cholesterol levels in the blood
A systemic analysis of 14 studies glucomannan, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, revealed that the use of glucomannan has beneficial effects significantly to total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, as well as the weight and fasting blood glucose.
Side Effects of Glucomannan
Still the same with the older post in Glucomannan vs Glucosamine, Glucomannan is used in the prevention, control, treatment, disease, condition improvement and symptoms reduced appetite, blood sugar, serum lipids, and constipation. In addition you will also be able to experience such a feeling of fullness, stomach bulging process, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gas, bloating, and esophagus obstruction.
Product Description Psyllium
Psyllium husk is also known by the term Pantago Ovata is a plant that can be found in India and has been the Foundation of many dietary supplements since 1955. Psyllium husk is famous for its ability to lower cholesterol and sugar levels in the blood are high. Not only that, psyllium husk can also expand, absorb water and stimulate the bowel movement so that normal. Psyllium Husk contains a lot of 70% Soluble Fiber (water soluble Fiber) & 30% Insoluble Fiber (Fiber does not dissolve in water) which serves as a natural Laxative. 70% Soluble Fiber absorbs water function and convert it into forms such as Jelly and fermented by bacteria in the digestive tract. The remaining 30% Insoluble Fiber is not fermented and has a function to compact the Dirt so that dirt had enough (density) so it’s easy to be expelled.
Benefits of Psyllium
If previously, we mention the benefits based on the diseases, do you remember in Metamucil vs Psyllium? This time will be different, these are several benefits of Psyllium :
· Psyllium husk is able to lower cholesterol in the blood effectively and safely. Consumption of whole oat cereal with psyllium husk will make its benefits more noticeably longer. Soluble fiber psyllium husk which is in will reduce the absorption of cholesterol so it is simply applied to decrease. Bad cholesterol can be decreased by up to seven percent by blending low fat diet and psyllium husk.
· Other benefits of psyllium husk is preventing the occurrence of gallstones. Gallstones that are shaped like pebbles in the gall bladder is formed as a result of the abundance of cholesterol as well as other material that hardens. Because psyllium husk is able to lower cholesterol, then automatically this substance can also prevent the formation of gallstones.
· The Psyllium husk can also normalize bowel of several disorders that can occur, ranging from constipation to with diverticulosis and irritable in the intestine. Psyllium husk also helps reduce the occurrence of irritation so it can unleash a stream of rubbish especially in sensitive areas.
· Psyllium can also overcome the diarrhea and weight loss. Effects of psyllium husk absorbs water is making consumers feel full and delay the occurrence of hollowing out the food in the stomach.
Side Effects of Psyllium
Psyllium must be taken with at least 200 to 300 ml of warm water. And it is very important to drink at least 9 glasses of water per day. Because Psyllium is also giving a side effect dehydration or choke. Psyllium Muciloid used in the care, control, prevention, disease, condition improvement & and Hipercholesterolemia symptoms and perhaps other conditions.
- Pure Powder - from Konjac Root
- Supports Healthy Cholesterol Levels already within healthy range
- Glucomannan may also help to maintain serum lipid levels already within the healthy range
- Natural color variation may occur in this product
- As a dietary supplement Drink a full glass (8 ounces) of liquid with each dose
- Adults & children 12 and over Take 6 capsules once daily
- Children 6 to 12 Take 3 capsules once daily
- Children under 6 Consult a doctor - Or as directed by your healthcare professional
We know that Glucomannan vs Psyllium are one of soluble bulking fibers which we can use as tool in losing weight as well as treating or preventing constipation, and also lowering cholesterol. They are just different in the source from which each is actually made. Glucomannan is made from a sugar produced from the root of the konjac plant, while Psyllium itself is made by a shrub-like herb known as Plantago Ovata. We determine which of these supplements is becoming the best for you may require a trial period with each one. Or you can consult your health-care professional before you take any other fiber supplements.