Losing weight is a challenge and not all of us are succeeding in the first try which is why you can find so many solutions including supplements meant to aid the weight loss goal. Some popular solutions like Garcinia Cambogia Vs alli are ideal for those who are trying to increase their progress and make sure everything is on track but, they work pretty differently as well. Here is some information you may want to know before using any of these solutions.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- What Cause Weight Gain
- What are Garcinia Cambogia and alli
- Are Garcinia Cambogia and alli Pricey
- What Garcinia Cambogia and alli are made from
- How Garcinia Cambogia and alli Work
- What are the Side Effects of Garcinia Cambogia and alli
- Garcinia Cambogia Vs alli
Weight Gain Habits
Almost everyone knows that obesity is currently one of the most dangerous health problems in the world which many of us are currently suffering from; not only in the US but it seems that other countries including the developing countries are facing similar problems. This leads to the question why our generation is having such issues which may be related to how we treat our foods and the lack of understanding on how to choose or consume food wisely, moreover, as people are getting busier working. Read also: Slimquick Vs Alli.
Here are some habits that we all may have to pay attention to when trying to lose weight or currently experiencing unintentional weight gain:
- Eating amnesia may not be an official term but many of us often forget what we have eaten and mindlessly consume too much of a calorie. For example while relaxing such as watching TVs, reading a book, or scrolling through your smartphone screen, we don’t realize how much we have eaten while doing those activities.
- Sleep is our body mechanism to restart itself and enough rest is one of the keys to a healthy mind and body. Lack of sleep often results in the feeling of hunger despite having already eaten since it causes the lack of cortisol which regulates appetite, moreover, studies show that lack of sleep increases fat storage in the body.
- Everybody loves desserts, we can eat ice cream, cakes, candies, or anything after dinner. However, we tend to be mindless when eating something sweet which is why it is advised to change into a healthier options such as tea or sparkling water.
- Alcohol is the friend we sometimes rely on to but, don’t forget that they are containing calories too. For example, a glass of red wine (250 ml) contains about 214 calories and a can of beer can add around 156 calories into your diet depending on the type.
- Mindless eating also happens when you have a big serve available near and many tend to eat when served to them; be it at home or on the go. As we know, food portions these days are huge to offer better value for your money but think about the excess calories as well so it is better to stick to a smaller portion and maintain it if weight loss is a goal.
- After the hyped of fat free products, we now know that it is not an ideal diet and not effective against losing fat either. Manufacturers however may still use this “fat-free” labeling in their products but note that it doesn’t always mean “calorie-free” which is it is always better to read the nutrition facts.
About Garcinia Cambogia and alli
Weight loss is never instant and we have to be willing to put so much effort to achieve it yet still many of us are failing and yes, we also have tried several diets including fad diets but they won’t keep the weight off forever. Due to the difficult process, there are solutions offered to help people shed those extra pounds such as through designed diets and meals or through mentors. If you want to do it yourself or keep the budget low, we can use supplements or weight loss drugs.
Diet supplements, just like any other supplements, don’t have to be tested on the efficacy or have strict regulation like drugs but have fairly low or no side effects. There are tons of diet supplements and drugs, two of them are Garcinia Cambogia and alli. For those who have been trying to lose weight, we are sure these two are familiar names or some may have tried at least one of them before. The Garcinia Cambogia is probably one of the most natural supplements used for weight loss made from the fruit’s peel.
This fruit originates and strives in tropical climates, also called Malabar Tamarind but looking nothing like the Tamarind we recognize. This fruit is green or yellow in color, about the size of a mangosteen but shaped like a pumpkin. It is not usually eaten in the fresh form but made into cooking ingredients and now popularly used in weight loss supplement. As for alli, this is a brand of weight loss drug which original or generic term is called Orlistat.
The most well-known name which is prescribed by your physician is Xenical produced by Roche but the drug is the same just in different doses. Alli can be purchased almost anywhere in drug stores so it is more accessible while Xenical has a higher dose hence it requires prescription.
Garcinia Cambogia and alli Price and Capsule
One of the best benefits of using diet supplements for weight loss drugs is the cost itself because it is easily manageable and many of them are very affordable, especially for supplements with single active ingredients like Garcinia Cambogia. You can find lots of supplement brands offering the products and can choose any of them that match the pocket. For example, this 180 capsules from NatureWise is only sold at $22 per bottle which will last for about two months.
As for alli, since this is a drug you can expect to pay more but still relatively cheap compared to a monthly meal subscription or diet foods. For example the 120 count version is currently sold at $53 per box and this can last for a few months depending on how many meals you have everyday. These supplements and drugs are coming in a standard capsule size; the Garcinia Cambogia usually have this pale yellow powder inside a transparent capsule and alli or Orlistat is coming in blue capsules.
Garcinia Cambogia and alli Ingredient
Just like when shopping for anything, the first thing you may want to know is what inside the product. As it has been mentioned before, the Garcinia Cambogia supplement is made from the skin of the fruit which may be dried or ground to make the extract. For example this NatureWise brand uses 100% of the ingredient and has 500 grams of the fruit extract with 60% of HCA. For alli, this drug has 60 mg of Orlistat per capsule which is half lower than Xenical.
Garcinia Cambogia and alli Mechanism
After the ingredients, let’s see how they can be helpful in your weight loss journey and starting with Garcinia Cambogia first, these fruit peels contain HCA or hydroxycitric acid and the active substance is what led to the weight loss effect. The reason for its hype is since many studied testing the effect of weight loss from the HCA proven to be true so the compound does have benefits. There have been many studies that show a weight loss of about 2 pounds over a period of 2-12 weeks.
Studies in rats about its benefit shows that rats that are given Garcinia Cambogia supplements tend to eat less and this is even proven in humans as well for the people using this supplement also find the lack of appetite. What’s even more surprising is it also has an effect against fat building as studies show it may lower high levels of fat in the blood and reduce oxidative stress in the body. Moving to alli, the Orlistat drug in it is working by interfering the lipase enzyme that digest fat.
This drug can reduce the absorption of fat from 30-40% in your digestive system where these unabsorbed fat will be disposed together with stool hence those consuming the drug can have oily stool due to this side effects of the drug’s mechanism.
Garcinia Cambogia and alli Side Effects
The last point we want to mention here is their side effects because this is something we have to note when consuming any oral solutions. For Garcinia Cambogia, FDA stated that it is safe to consume up to 2800mg of HCA per day but common side effects are still present such as digestive issues, headache, and skin rashes. For Orlistat like alli, the side effects are usually oily stools due to the excess fat unabsorbed by the digestive system and more frequent visits to the bathroom.
Garcinia Cambogia vs alli
You can use these solutions to help aiding weight loss progress but consuming them only without fixing our diet will be ineffective. While Garcinia Cambogia help with reducing appetite so we can consume less and lowering fat production, Orlistat in alli is blocking fat so if your diet is high in fat, we can cut the calories from them by using the drug but, for those whose diet is rich in carb and low in fat, it may not be helpful.
- Standardized To Contain 50% HCA
- Coconut Oil has been used in traditional health practices
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
- Packaging may vary due to redesign, same great product ingredients
- Acts as an effective weight loss pill for both women and men
- For every 5 pounds you lose through diet and exercise, alli can help you lose 2 to 3 more
- HSA and FSA eligible product
- For weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older. When used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet.
You can pick any of these solutions depending on which seems to work best in your body. Personally we prefer Garcinia Cambogia supplement because its side effects are still manageable in daily life unlike Orlistat that may increase your visit to the bathroom and may affect your activities.